Our Well-Being Leads are:
ALNCo & Whole School Well-Being Lead
Pupil Participation & Health and Well-Being AoLE Lead
At Glasllwch Primary School, the well-being of our pupils, staff and parents/carers is at the heart of everything we do. We strongly believe that an environment where well-being is central, is an environment where everyone can thrive. We believe in promoting the Five Core Components of Wellbeing, developed in alignment with Welsh Government and the Gwent Whole School Approach to Well-being team:
- Love and Care
There are a number of ways in which we promote the well-being of our pupils at universal, targeted and specialist stages, including:
- Curriculum design that promotes well-being, enjoyment, pupil-voice and success
- Jigsaw RSE scheme
- Termly pupil THRIVE assessments
- Pupil participation groups across school in our Glasllwch Senedd
- Healthy Schools initiative
- Internet safety sessions
- Recognition of self and community
- The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child
- Specific well-being focused interventions
- Safeguarding training for all staff and related procedures
- Referrals to outside agencies
- Pupil surveys
- Metacognition strategies
Please have a look at our other well-being website pages for more information on some of the above areas.
To help us understand the well-being needs of our learners, all children from Reception to Year 6 complete a termly Thrive assessment. This is based on their thoughts and feelings towards different aspects of school life. This information is personal and child-led and ensures that we can appropriately support individuals who may be experiencing lower levels of well-being to help get them back to feeling their best!
Latest Class News
Our Welsh word of the week
Pwy sy'n gwybod?