…Vision & Values
Today’s Learning for Tomorrow’s Stars
Belief, Opportunity, Expectations
Cred, Cyfle, Disgwyliadau
Our vision is for this school to be…
………a centre of excellence at the heart of the wider community; where the natural curiosity and voice of each individual is valued, nurtured and encouraged to flourish in a safe, secure, happy and stimulating environment enabling everyone to develop high self esteem and to reach their full potential.
Our overarching aims are that all children and young people will be:
- Ambitious, capable learners who are ready to learn throughout their lives.
- Enterprising, creative contributors who are ready to play a full part in life and work.
- Ethical informed citizens who are ready to be citizens of Wales and the world.
- Healthy, confident individuals who are ready to lead fulfilling lives as valued members of society.
- To provide a safe environment where everyone feels happy and secure.
- To teach a broad, balanced and appropriate curriculum, including the National.
- Curriculum / Early Years Curriculum, enabling all children to achieve their full potential.
- To provide a stimulating and challenging learning environment in order to develop each child’s natural curiosity into a lifelong desire to learn.
- To develop each child’s moral and spiritual well – being and to promote understanding and mutual respect.
- To promote positive behaviour and independence.
- To foster in each child a positive self image and high aspirations for oneself.
- To develop in each individual the skills, attitudes and beliefs needed to become life long learners and to promote a learning community.
- To develop in each child an awareness of their position in the wider world and their responsibility for global citizenship, beginning with caring for the local environment and considering issues of sustainability.
- To promote an active and healthy lifestyle through encouraging children to adopt a healthy diet and exercise.
- To promote the individuality of all our children ensuring equality of opportunity for all irrespective of race, religion, gender, ability, physical or sensory impairment or social background.
- To provide children with opportunities to develop bilingualism, encouraging the speaking, reading and writing of welsh as well as the knowledge and awareness of welsh culture and heritage.
- To ensure the development of all staff in order to meet the demands of the school curriculum and to fully realise the potential of all those who work in and on behalf of our school.
- To work in partnership with children, parents, governors, the L.E.A. and the wider community.
- To ensure continuity and progression both within and across key stages including liaising with feeder schools as appropriate.
‘Our School Rules…’
- Follow instructions the first time.
- Listen to the chosen speaker.
- Keep your hands, feet, objects and unkind words to yourself.
- Look after property and our environment.
- Speak in a polite and appropriate way.
- Smiles and Praise
- Class Rewards.
- House Points
- Well Done note home
- Visit Head Teacher
- Point out child is doing something wrong
- Verbal Warning
- Time Out
- Discussion with Teacher
- Loss of free time / privilege
- Note home from teacher or verbal contact with parents
- Sent to Head Teacher
- Head Teacher to contact parents
Latest Class News
Our Welsh word of the week
Pwy sy'n gwybod?