As a school community we continue to value the opinions of all pupils, parents, staff and governors; always celebrating our success and striving for improvement.
Our vision is for this school to be a centre of excellence at the heart of the wider community; where the natural curiosity and voice of each individual is valued, nurtured and encouraged to flourish in a safe, secure, happy and stimulating environment enabling everyone to develop high self esteem and to reach their full potential.
Curriculum Our Curriculum Under Review – Summer 2023
Over recent years, we have been developing our ‘school curriculum’ in line with the requirements of Curriculum for Wales. Our school curriculum comprises all learning, assessment and wider experiences that we provide for our children. Designing our own curriculum has enabled us to be innovative and creative in our approach, ensuring learning opportunities are relevant, authentic and driven by the Four Purposes; we welcome your involvement in continuing to develop and review our curriculum.
A BIG thank you to everyone who took the time to attend our Curriculum Workshop and also complete our curriculum survey; all feedback and comments made by parents have been useful and informative. We really are proud of our school and all our children.
We have looked closely at the responses and will use these to inform our way forward in further developing and designing our curriculum. Following analysis of the survey we intend to:
- Continue promoting the Four Purposes through a variety of communication channels. If you would like a parent information leaflet, these are available from the school reception area.
- Review our Curriculum Principles to ensure the suggestions made by parents/carers are reflected in the wording.
- Add business and community links suggested by parents to our list of authentic learning opportunities so they can be built into curriculum projects.
- Continue to ensure the children are able to influence curriculum projects and how they engage in learning
- Further develop opportunities for parents to be involved in their children’s learning through: sharing individual targets, holding class Curriculum Celebrations, updating curriculum web pages, etc.
Parental Survey – information to follow
Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey. We value the partnership we have between home and school; it is vital if children are to flourish and reach their true potential. All feedback and comments made by parents have been useful and informative. We really are proud of our school and all our children.
A big thank you to our Governing Body who are actively involved in analysing the results of the survey and presenting the findings.
Developments as a result of parental contributions…
Thank you for attending our — Curriculum Reform Sharing Event. We are delighted with the feedback you provided with regards to the improvements made in —.
The feedback from the Parental Survey that was carried out in — was overwhelmingly positive, however as a school we continue to strive to be ‘a centre of excellence in the wider community’ and therefore continue to make school improvements. Actions being taken within school as a result of the feedback we received include:
Latest Class News
Our Welsh word of the week
Pwy sy'n gwybod?